- To Let: £20,000 per annum
- A1 and A2 Use Class
- Prominent corner position offering high visibility to passing traffic
- Town Centre location; only 50 metres from the Market Place and The Brittox
- Frontage to St John's Street and Wine Street
- Useful staff areas in the cellar with a modern fitted kitchen and toilet facilities
- Sales area 826 sq ft out of 1500 sq ft total Net Internal Area
- Electrically assisted front door with level access
DESCRIPTION The ground floor and cellar of a grade two listed building. The shop has air conditioning units and a separate office area. Stairs lead to the cellar which has been fitted out with a staff kitchen, training area and male/female toilets facilities. The shop was once home to Boots the Chemist but has been used by the Santander Bank in recent years.
ACCOMMODATION Sales area 826 sq ft (76.74 sq m)
Office 108 sq ft (10.03 sq m)
Cellar (staff areas) 563 sq ft (52.30 sq m)
Total Net Internal Area 1,497 sq ft (139.07 sq m)
RENT £20,000 per annum exclusive of business rates and VAT if applicable.
LEASE TERMS Available on a new lease, the terms of which are to be agreed and will be subject to contract. References and a deposit may be sought. Each party is to bear its own legal costs in the transaction.
BUSINESS RATES From the 2017 list the RV is £14,500
Rateable Value (RV) from the 2017 list: £14,500.
Please note that the RV is not the same as the business rates payable. More information may be obtained from www.gov.uk/introduction-to-business-rates.
PERMITTED USE A1 or A2 Retail
OTHER An EPC for 3-4 St Johns Street was carried out in August 2015 with a score of "D" (76). We understand that the rent will not be subject to VAT but we recommend that all applicants make their own enquiries. Applicants are recommended to refer to the RICS Code of Practice for Commercial Leases. Details prepared March 2019.
VIEWINGS Available strictly through the sole agents, Martin Walker Estate Agents and Chartered Surveyors by contacting Jonathan Shortt on 01380 721101, 07878 397301 or via email email@example.com