- Town centre location
- Approximately 4,600 sq ft Net Internal Area (excluding cellar and flat)
- Two first floor function rooms
- Fitted commercial kitchen
- Restaurant area
- Residential three bed flat on the top floor (not self-contained)
- Existing D1 Use Class (not verified)
- Passenger lift to first floor
- Large cellar
DESCRIPTION The property is one of a range of fine historic buildings in this part of Devizes. Formerly the Crown Hotel, it dates from the late eighteenth or early nineteenth century and comprises a three storey building to the front and two storeys to the rear, with a covered central courtyard. It also benefits from an impressive cellar.
TENURE Freehold with vacant possession. We understand that the title is subject to a restrictive covenant which does not permit the sale of alcohol for consumption on the premises. The town's CCTV system is currently monitored from a ground floor room.
ACCOMMODATION Ground floor: 211.70 sq m (2,278 sq ft)
First floor: 217.81 sq m (2,344 sq ft)
Total commercial NIA: 429.51 sq m (4,622 sq ft)
Second floor residential flat GIA: 119.31 sq m (1,284 sq ft)
BUSINESS RATES Rateable Value: £7,800. Please note that the RV is not the same as the Business Rates Payable. Small business relief may be available. Further information may be obtained from www.voa.gov.uk/business_rates/
COUNCIL TAX BANDING Band A.
PERMITTED USE The premises have been in recent use as a day centre with ancillary accommodation which we understand falls into Use Class D1 as defined in the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987. The caretaker's flat falls within C3. The agent has not sought to confirm this with the local authority planning department.
SERVICES Mains water, drainage, electricity and gas are connected.
OTHER Each party is to bear its own legal costs in the transaction. A copy of the asbestos survey will be available from the agent.
VIEWING Available strictly through the sole agents, Martin Walker Estate Agents and Chartered Surveyors by contacting Jonathan Shortt on 01380 721101 (DD) or 07878 397301 (Mobile) or email: email@example.com
DISCLAIMER The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixture, fitting or services so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. Neither has the agent checked the legal documents to verify title details or tenure of the property. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their solicitor and surveyor. Some photographs may have been taken with either a wide angle or zoom lens. All floorplan measurements are approximate and areas are given in accordance with the RICS Code of Measuring Practice (6th Edition). Notice is given that all curtains, carpets, blinds, equipment, light fittings and fixtures, fitted or not are deemed to be removable by the Vendor unless specifically itemised in the sales particulars. Important Notice: Martin Walker Estate Agents Ltd, on behalf of and for the Vendors of this property whose agents they are, gives notice that:
(1) these particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and lessors and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract.
(2) all descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation, and other details, are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but intending purchasers or lessors should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them
(3) no person in the employment of Martin Walker Estate Agents Ltd has any authority to make any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property.
(4) unless otherwise stated, all prices and rents are quoted exclusive of VAT