- TO LET
- Modern business unit
- Established trading location with good access to the A361
- Gross internal area approximately 86.26 sq m (928 sq ft) plus two parking spaces`
- New Lease: terms to be agreed
Devizes is a historic market town in the centre of Wiltshire, approximately 20 miles due South of Swindon and 24 miles due North of Salisbury. The nearest access to the M4 motorway is at Swindon (junctions 15 and 16) and Chippenham (junction 17). Mainline railway stations are at Pewsey, Chippenham and Trowbridge. Devizes has a population of approximately 11,715 people (2011 Census).
DESCRIPTION The Glenmore development was constructed about fifteen years ago and comprises three terraces of small business units. Unit 14 is a corner unit in a terrace of back to back units and is of modern steel portal frame construction. Roof lights, a glazed pedestrian door and a first floor window give good natural light inside the unit.
The ground floor includes a staff toilet (suitable for disabled access) and a tea point with a stainless steel sink and electric water heater.
Vehicular access is provided by a manually operated steel sectional up and over door 2.80 m width and 2.98 m height. Extra security to the glazed pedestrian door is provided by means of an internal steel roller shutter.
Externally, there are two marked car spaces.
BUSINESS RATES According to the Valuation Office Agency website, the Rateable Value for the Workshop and Premises at Unit 14, Glenmore Business Centre SN10 2EQ as given in the 2017 list at the time of writing was £4,750.
Please note that the Rateable Value is not the same as the Business Rates Payable. Further information may be obtained from www.voa.gov.uk/business_rates/
PERMITTED USE We understand that the current permitted legal use falls into Use Classes B1 & B8 (light industrial and storage uses) as defined in the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987. This has not been confirmed with Wiltshire Council and applicants are recommended to make their own enquiries.
LEASE The premises are available for occupation by way of a new full repairing and insuring lease, the terms of which are to be agreed. References, a rental deposit and a guarantor may be required by the landlord. There is a service charge payable for the maintenance of the estate road and external areas.
RENT The quoting rent is £7,500 per annum exclusive of VAT, business rates and services, payable quarterly in advance.
VAT We understand the property is subject to VAT. We recommend that the prospective tenants establish the VAT implications prior to entering into any agreement.
LEASE CODE Applicants are recommended to refer to the RICS Code of Practice for Commercial Leases: www.leasingbusinesspremises.co.uk.
COSTS Each party is to bear its own legal costs in the transaction.
SERVICES Mains water, drainage, gas and three phase electricity are connected. None of the services or fittings within the building has been tested by the agent.
EPC An Energy Performance Certificate is available for viewing from the agent.
VIEWING Available strictly through the sole agents, Martin Walker Chartered Surveyors by contacting Jonathan Shortt on 01380 730200 or 07878 397301 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin Walker Estate Agents Ltd, on behalf of and for the Vendors or Lessors of this property whose agents they are, gives notice that:
(1) these particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and lessors and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract.
(2) all descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation, and other details, are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but intending purchasers or lessors should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them
(3) no person in the employment of Martin Walker Estate Agents Ltd has any authority to make any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property.
(4) unless otherwise stated, all prices and rents are quoted exclusive of VAT.
Details prepared September 2018