- TO LET
- Shop with ancillary storage
- Use Class A1 Retail on the town's prime retailing street
- Approximately 56.80 sq m (611 sq ft) Net Internal Area plus basement
- New Lease: terms to be agreed
Devizes is a historic market town in the centre of Wiltshire, approximately 20 miles due South of Swindon and 24 miles due North of Salisbury. The nearest access to the M4 motorway is Swindon at junctions 15 and 16 and Chippenham at junction 17. Mainline railway stations are at Pewsey (13 miles), Chippenham (14 miles) and Trowbridge (13 miles). Devizes has a population of approximately 11,715 people and lies in the middle of the county of Wiltshire, with a population of 650,745 people (2011 Census).
DESCRIPTION The premises form the ground floor and basement of a grade II listed period building, with retail frontage to the Brittox. The retailing area is approximately square in shape with access to the staff toilet and basement at the rear of the retail space. The basement is not tanked. Above the shop is self-contained residential accommodation (not included).
ACCOMMODATION All measurements are approximate and areas are given on a Net Internal basis, in accordance with the RICS Code of Measuring Practice, 6th Edition. The measurements of the premises, recorded net to shop-fittings, are given below.
NET INTERNAL AREA
Ground floor Retail Area 50.20 sq m/540 sq ft
Kitchenette 2.20 sq m/24 sq ft
Ground floor storage space 4.40 sq m/47 sq ft
Total NIA (excluding basement) 56.80 sq m/611 sq ft
Basement (not tanked) 36.60 sq m/394 sq ft
The internal shop width is 7.20 m (23' 6") and the shop depth is 7.10 m (23' 4").
There are no external areas or parking spaces and there is no rear access, but there is a loading bay on Maryport Street, close to the shop front.
BUSINESS RATES According to the Valuation Office Agency website, the Rateable Value for 19 The Brittox as given in the 2017 list at the time of writing was as follows:
Description - Shop and Premises
NIA - 93.95 sq m
RV - £20,500
Please note that the Rateable Value is not the same as the Business Rates Payable. Further information may be obtained from www.voa.gov.uk/business_rates/.
LEASE The premises are available for occupation by way of a new effectively full repairing and insuring lease, the terms of which are to be agreed. References, a rental deposit and a guarantor may be required by the landlord.
PERMITTED USE We understand that the current permitted legal use falls into Use Class A1 (retail) as defined in the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987.
RENT The quoting rent is £18,000 per annum exclusive of VAT, service charge, business rates and services, payable quarterly in advance.
VAT We understand the property is not currently subject to VAT. However, we recommend that the prospective tenants establish all of the VAT implications prior to entering into any agreement.
LEASE CODE Applicants are recommended to refer to the RICS Code of Practice for Commercial Leases: www.leasingbusinesspremises.co.uk
COSTS Each party is to bear its own legal costs in the transaction.
SERVICES Mains water, drainage and electricity are connected. None of the services or fittings within the building has been tested by the agent.
EPC Since January 2013, listed buildings have been exempt from the need to display an Energy Performance Certificate during the marketing process.
VIEWING Available strictly through the sole agents, Martin Walker Chartered Surveyors by contacting Jonathan Shortt on 01380 730200 or 07878 397301 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin Walker Estate Agents Ltd, on behalf of and for the Vendors or Lessors of this property whose agents they are, gives notice that:
(1) these particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and lessors and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract.
(2) all descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation, and other details, are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but intending purchasers or lessors should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them
(3) no person in the employment of Martin Walker Estate Agents Ltd has any authority to make any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property.
(4) unless otherwise stated, all prices and rents are quoted exclusive of VAT.
Details prepared June 2018