- TO LET
- Shop with ancillary storage
- Use Class A1 Retail
- Edge of Town Centre location
- Approximately 82.13 sq m (884 sq ft) Sales Area plus basement office/storage
- New Lease: Terms to be agreed
Devizes is a historic market town in the centre of Wiltshire, approximately 20 miles due South of Swindon and 24 miles due North of Salisbury. Devizes has a population of approximately 11,715 people (2011 Census).
DESCRIPTION The building is Grade II* Listed. The sales areas are at ground and first floor level, connected by an open staircase. The basement includes staff rooms, a toilet, storage and a small office. The shop is heated by means of night storage heaters.
ACCOMMODATION All measurements are approximate and areas are given on a Net Internal basis, in accordance with the RICS Code of Measuring Practice, 6th Edition. The measurements of the premises are given below.
Ground floor retail area 46.66 sq m (502 sq ft)
First floor retail area 35.47 sq m (382 sq ft)
Total sales area 82.13 sq m (884 sq ft)
Basement 30.35 sq m (328 sq ft)
Total NIA 112.48 sq m (1,212 sq ft)
The internal shop width is 5.44 metres and the shop depth is 11.31 metres. The ground floor sales are has a ceiling height of 2.84 metres. There are no external areas or parking spaces allocated.
BUSINESS RATES According to the Valuation Office Agency website, the Rateable Value for 30 St Johns Street as given in the 2017 list at the time of writing was as follows:
Shop and premises £7,900
Please note that the Rateable Value is not the same as the Business Rates Payable. Further information may be obtained from www.voa.gov.uk/business_rates/
LEASE The premises are available for occupation by way of a new internal repairing and insuring lease, the terms of which are to be agreed. References, a rental deposit and a guarantor may be required by the landlord.
PERMITTED USE The current permitted legal use falls into Use Class A1 (retail) as defined in the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987.
RENT The quoting rent is £9,000 per annum exclusive of VAT, business rates and services, payable quarterly in advance.
VAT We understand the property is not subject to VAT. However, we recommend that the prospective tenants establish the full VAT implications prior to entering into any agreement.
LEASE CODE Applicants are recommended to refer to the RICS Code of Practice for Commercial Leases: www.leasingbusinesspremises.co.uk
COSTS Each party is to bear its own legal costs in the transaction.
SERVICES Mains water, drainage and electricity are connected. None of the services or fittings within the building has been tested by the agent.
EPC Since the premises are listed on the English Heritage website, we understand that the premises are currently exempt from the requirement to show an Energy Performance Certificate.
VIEWING Available strictly through the sole agents, Martin Walker Chartered Surveyors by contacting Jonathan Shortt on 01380 730200 or 07878 397301 or email: email@example.com
Martin Walker Estate Agents Ltd, on behalf of and for the Vendors or Lessors of this property whose agents they are, gives notice that:
(1) these particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and lessors and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract.
(2) all descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation, and other details, are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but intending purchasers or lessors should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them
(3) no person in the employment of Martin Walker Estate Agents Ltd has any authority to make any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property.
(4) unless otherwise stated, all prices and rents are quoted exclusive of VAT.
Details prepared April 2018