- TO LET
- Shop with A2 use
- Approximately 63.02 sq m (679 sq ft) Net Internal Area
- New lease available
- £15,000 per annum
DESCRIPTION A ground floor lock-up shop within a listed Grade II building, occupying a mid-terrace position close to Lloyds Bank.
ACCOMMODATION All measurements are approximate and areas are given on a Net Internal basis, in accordance with the RICS Code of Measuring Practice, 6th Edition. The measurements of the premises, are given below.
NET INTERNAL AREA
Front sales area 47.35 sq m/510 sq ft
Office 13.09 sq m/141 sq ft
Kitchen 2.58 sq m/28 sq ft
TOTAL NIA 63.02 sq m/679 sq ft
Internal Shop Width - 9.48 m
Sales area depth - 5.29 m
Total shop depth - 9.64 m
To the rear of the shop is a small external yard. There are no parking spaces included but free parking is available in the town (subject to restrictions).
BUSINESS RATES According to the Valuation Office Agency website, the Rateable Value for the retail unit known as Gnd Floor, 13 High Street, Calne as given in the 2017 list at the time of writing was as follows:
Description - Shop and Premises
NIA - 67.80 sq m
RV - £11,500
Please note that the Rateable Value is not the same as the Business Rates Payable. Small business relief may be available. Further information may be obtained from www.gov.uk/guidance/valuation-office-agency-and-business-rates-non-domestic-rates.
LEASE The premises are available for occupation by negotiation of a new, internal repairing lease for a minimum term of five years, outside the renewal provisions of the 1954 Landlord & Tenant Act. References, a rental deposit and a guarantor may all be required by the landlord.
PERMITTED USE We understand that the current permitted legal use falls into Use Class A2 (financial and professional) as defined in the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987, as amended. The agent has not sought to confirm the legally permitted use with Wiltshire Council planning department.
RENT £15,000 per annum exclusive of VAT, business rates and services, payable quarterly in advance.
VAT We understand the property is not currently subject to VAT. We recommend that the prospective tenants establish all VAT implications prior to entering into any agreement.
LEASE CODE Applicants are recommended to refer to the RICS Code of Practice for Commercial Leases: www.leasingbusinesspremises.co.uk
COSTS Each party is to bear its own legal costs in the transaction.
SERVICES Mains water, drainage and electricity are connected. None of the services or fittings within the building has been tested by the agent.
EPC We understand from the non-domestic EPC register that an EPC was issued on 29th January 2009 and the property was rated a "D" with a score of 92.
ASBESTOS The agents have not seen an asbestos survey.
VIEWING Available strictly through the joint sole agents, Martin Walker Estate Agents and Chartered Surveyors by contacting Jonathan Shortt on 01380 721101 (DD) or 07878 397301 (Mobile) or email: email@example.com.
Tim Brooksbank MRICS at Carter Jonas, Bath Office on 01225 747266 or 07880 201742 (Mobile) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin Walker Estate Agents Ltd, on behalf of and for the Vendors or Lessors of this property whose agents they are, gives notice that:
(1) these particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and lessors and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract.
(2) all descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation, and other details, are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but intending purchasers or lessors should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them
(3) no person in the employment of Martin Walker Estate Agents Ltd has any authority to make any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property.
(4) unless otherwise stated, all prices and rents are quoted exclusive of VAT.
Details prepared March 2018